Team Lead: Jacyntha Shaw
PC Liaison: Dorothy Bennett
Staff Liaison: Erin Braun
Rita Lund (Respect Life)
Carol Merkel (Respect Life)
These are the primary activities/efforts taken on by the Christian Mission Team:
Christian Concerns Envelopes (Yellow, Monthly or Online with WeShare)
- January / February – Fr. Mathew Chennakudy’s Orphanage, India
- March / April – Little Sisters of St. Francis Kenya Home for Children
- May – Red Cloud Indian School, Pine Ridge, SD
- June - St. Bahkita Catholic Worker House
- July: Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist (meal program)
- August: Respect Life
- September: Missionaries of Charity (This is the order founded by St. Teresa of Calcutta)
- October: North Lake Food Pantry (Managed by the St. Vincent de Paul Society)
- November: St. Ben’s (a meal and homeless support site in Milwaukee, run by the Capuchins)
- December: Franciscan Peacemakers ( provides a path to a sustainable, healthy, safe and productive life for women engaging in prostitution due to trauma, human sex trafficking or drug addiction)
School Supplies Drive for Pine Ridge
Our parish is very involved with the well-being of the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota. Every December, a truck filled with items for homes and schools (collected through the Giving Tree [below] and other local ministries), is driven there and donated.
Of particular need are school supplies. We collect school supplies for 365 students from kindergarten to 8th Grade at two schools: Red Cloud Grade School and Our Lady of Lourdes in Porcupine.
Giving Tree – Early to Mid-November
Two decorated Christmas trees go on display in the narthex of both churches. Ornaments on display contain information about a needy person from our area (St. Vincent de Paul) or a child, with their age range and other information. Pick one or more of the ornaments, purchase the gift and attach the ornament firmly to the package(s) and place it under one of the trees. This tree usually goes up after Thanksgiving.
The paper ornaments on the other tree represent the needs of our friends at the Pine Ridge Reservation. These gifts are driven to South Dakota for Christmas in early to mid-December. Once ornament(s) have been selected, the gift(s) should be brought back as soon as possible and placed under the tree or brought to the Parish Office between 8:30 am and 3 pm, Monday to Thursday. This tree goes up before Thanksgiving.
New Threads of Hope Clothing Sorters
We meet on the third Tuesday of the month, from 8:30 to 11 am. Participants meet at the Monches church parking lot by 8:30 am. If you have any questions, please contact Dianne
Loaves and Fishes Ministry – Chairpersons: Mike and Mary Steinbauer
Next meal: TBA
- Respect Life Ads in Waukesha Freeman/ annually with Wisconsin Chapter
- Life Chain – First Sunday in October / Right to Life Sunday – Mary Schultz
- Piggly Wiggly receipts
- Supports Priests for Life, Wisconsin Respect Life, National Life Chain and other pro-life organizations as money permits.